• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

WIN Opticron Countryman HD Binoculars worth $500 (US / Canada Only) (1 Viewer)

Birdforum

Administrator
Something, at last, for our members in the United States and Canada! FROM OPTICRON :t:

Simply reply to this thread answer the following questions:
  • Besides price, what are the three most important things you consider when purchasing a binocular?
  • Who is your preferred optics dealer and why do you like buying from them?
countryman.jpg

The top prize is a pair of our OPTICRON Countryman HD binoculars worth $500.

A runner up prize of a set of Discovery binoculars worth $275 will be won at the end September, and another at the end of October.

Open to Canada and US-based members only.
Winners will be drawn randomly. All eligible entries received by the closing date have an equal chance of winning. Entries not submitted in accordance with the rules or incomplete or illegible entries will be disqualified. Only the first entry from each member will be counted. Each entrant can only win one price. Competition closes on the 30th November. Picture is representative of prize only. No alternative prizes may be requested although BirdForum and its competition partners reserve the right to alter arrangements or prizes should this be unavoidable.

#1 performance
#2 ergonomics
#3 proven durability

Favorite optics dealer so far is cameraland.
They are friendly, have good knowledge of the products they sell and they have good deals much of the time. Always have a lot of like new demo optics at a great discount.

1. clarity of view
2. weight
3. ease of use while wearing spectacles
I like Wild Birds Unlimited in Guelph and Pelee Wings at Pt. Pelee

1. Sharpness across the field
2. Ergonomics
3. Weight

Having used many, no real preference, but I like Eagle Optics, Optics Planet, Orion, for good customer service and quick shipping

Last edited:
1-Resolution
2-Image Illumination
3-Elimination of CA

My last three were purchased from Camera Land NY on closeout. My experience with them, and the binoculars, has been trouble free.

Bruce

Last edited:
1. Quality of view
2. Ergonomics
3. Warranty/customer service

I've been happiest dealing with Eagle Optics. Reasons are ease of use with website, responsiveness to questions, and expertise.

Last edited:
1. comfortable with glasses
2. weight especially length
3. warranty

I don't have an optics dealer in my town. Bought our first pair through Wild Birds Unlimited.

1. Eye relief/comfort with glasses - the rest is moot if this is an issue!
2. Resolution
3. Ergonomics

Eagle Optics and Camera Land NY

1. Image quality
2. Eye relief
3. Field of view

Eagle Optics and Cameraland, NY — because they are honest and reliable.

Image quality
Build quality
That certain je ne sais quoi....

Thus far B&H Photo is my preferred go to optics place. Mostly because if I order before 5pm I generally receive the package the next day at no extra charge.

Thanks!
Paul

1. Overall value. Related to price, but not the same thing.
2. User reviews. I like to read reviews and ask questions. There are a lot of people on this forum and others willing to share their experience.
3. Personal usability. I'm using this term to include things like eye relief, close IPD, weight.

I've had very good experience with Optics Planet. I bought and returned, no problems at all, and just this past week when i called to make another purchase and the item I wanted was out of stock, the customer rep spent quite a bit of time speaking with me to find out what I needed and recommended a less expensive binocular. I ended up buying the item I was looking for elsewhere, but I will go back to them in the future.

Strange Little Bird

1) Resolution
2) Color/contrast
3) Size/weight

Eye relief also an issue, but most new binos have enough for me.

Eagle Optics preferred, but I've bought from Cameraland, Adorama, etc.

Mark

1. Overall ease of use which includes eye relief.
2. Glare control-(indication of optical quality).
3. Solidly Constructed.

Eagle Optics and/or Camera Land. Questions are addressed politely and quickly and service is fast and professional.

Bob

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back