• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

UK bird list in Excel format ? (1 Viewer)

solentbirder

Can anyone point me in the direction of a full listing of UK birds, preferably in microsoft Excel format. I'd like to start keeping better records but I don't like the thought of typing in all those names !
Cheers
John

I have converted it though... hmm I could email it to you I guess.

Alas can't attach it as a file here

Last edited:
Jane,

is it worth asking one of the admin team if the list could be hosted (maybe zipped up) in the "Resources" section of this site?

solentbirder said:
Thanks all for the advice. I've copied the list http://www.bou.org.uk/recbrlst1dna.html and pasted it into Excel. It'd be nice if an Excel version was available that could be sorted by category. If I ever get round to doing it I'll let you know.
All the best
John
I posted one in response to a similar enquiry a few months ago. It'll need a spot of updating to take account of the most recent BOU decisions. Can't recall the thread title, but you should be able to find it by searching a bit.

If anyone wants the Uk 400 club List in Excel format, if you send me a PM i will send it you back.

hope this helps

Sylvia.

mark b said:
I would like to have a bird list but I only have microsoft works spreadsheet, will it work with this??
Can you test the Import feature Mark? Does it have .csv? - if so, you could ask for a copy of the list exported as a .csv and import it into the Works database.

To be Posted as an attachment on BirdForum, it would need to be renamed to a .txt file and you may need to name it back before importing.

Andy.

One of the best Bird listing programmes has been designed by one of our Members - Jeff. You need Access on your PC to use it but it is so simple to use. You can even add photos, videos and sound to it if you want.

I have pulled out reports of my County Lists and saved them in an Excel format, which you can do with all the reports you pull off.

Most of the birds are already on it but there is a facility to add more.

Click into this link and once it is opened look to the right hand side and you will see Jeff's Birding data base. I can highly recommend it and I know that there are a few BF members that use it already.

http://www.brandonbirding.co.uk/news/default.asp

John

mark b said:
Jeff's database looks fantastic but I only have works not access, is there a way round it.

Mark b

I don't think there is but why don't you send a PM to Jeff. He might know something I don't know (which is very easy) as he designed the programme.

John

Woodchatshrike said:
I once downloaded Clements from somewhere in xls format and it had all the subspecies recorded in the WP. There were about 1700 subspecies listed.

Upto date BOU lis tab delimited .txt file attached

Attachments

• BOU list.txt
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,143
Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back