• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss at Birdfair 2019 (1 Viewer)

Birdforum

Administrator
Countdown has started for the world’s largest bird-watching event which runs from the 16-18 of August. It’s only a few days until the otherwise rather contemplative Rutland Water will turn into the joyful place where around 24,000 birdwatchers from all over the world celebrate birds and in turn help to raise money for bird conservation.

New for this year at Birdfair: 'Try Before You Buy'. You will have a chance to loan selected optics from the Simon King Marquee so you can fully enjoy Rutland water nature reserve. Don’t miss the chance to spend a morning or afternoon trying out ZEISS products. Learn more about the ZEISS Optics Try Before You Buy Hire Scheme at Birdfair.

Get your hands on the Victory SF binocular and enjoy the unrivaled field of view and the perfect ergonomics, now also including improved eyecups for a better handling exclusively shown and available for the first time at Birdfair.

Are you thinking of buying a new spotting scope? Then try out our highest performing spotting scope, the Victory Harpia with a revolutionary new optical system with a 3-stage wide angle zoom providing a constant apparent field of view over its entire magnification period.

Click here to book a slot
https://www.zeiss.co.uk/sports-optics/en_gb/landingpages/birdfair-2019.html

ZEISS Summer Savings
Save up to £250 on selected ZEISS Binoculars –
between 1st August and 15th September 2019

ZEISS have been developing binoculars for over 125 years, aiming to bring you closer to nature than ever before. Don’t miss your chance to save up to £250 on a brand new pair of binoculars with the ZEISS Instant Summer Savings Promotion. This offer is valid on a wide range of binoculars from the ZEISS, available through participating dealers only.
click here for details
https://www.zeiss.co.uk/sports-optics/en_gb/landingpages/zeiss-summer-savings.html

Get a chance to win a ZEISS Victory pocket binocular

Take your chance to win a ZEISS Victory Pocket 8x25 binocular! For taking part in the competition on the ZEISS Victory Pocket 8x25 you just have to click here https://www.zeiss.com/sports-optics/en_de/nature/birdfair.html
and answer the following questions. Good luck!

We are looking forward to seeing you at Birdfair!

"Victory SF ... now also including improved eyecups for a better handling exclusively shown and available for the first time at Birdfair."

Any more details to share? Thanks.

"Victory SF ... now also including improved eyecups for a better handling exclusively shown and available for the first time at Birdfair."

Any more details to share? Thanks.
I bet they are similar to the ones in the rangefinder. After owning a gray set of SF and a black set, they finally got the eye cups right with the rangefinder binos.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Interesting. Zeiss UK are offering £250 off SF at the moment. Don't suppose this will include the upgraded models?

Alan

Zeiss UK confirm that the discount will apply to SFs with the new eyecups and the first of these will be available from Viking Optical at Bird Fair. They will be in the Optics Marquee Stand 7.

Lee

Thanks Lee. That's good to know. I've been told by Viking that if you bring your SF to Birdfair they'll swop out the old eyecups for new. Pity I can't make it this year.

Alan

Thanks Lee. That's good to know. I've been told by Viking that if you bring your SF to Birdfair they'll swop out the old eyecups for new. Pity I can't make it this year.

Alan
I'd imagine Zeiss will send you new ones to swap out, if you give them a call. It's what they did with the gray models

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Now we here in the US need some news from the show, and please provide some humor with the updates.

Andy W.

Andy

You want jokes with the updates?

You mean like this:

What do I want played at my funeral?
Cricket!

or

I keep my PIN secret - 20-4-7

or

I always remember what my dear old grandma said as she laid on her deathbed.
She said
I wish I'd bought an ordinary bed............

Lee

With apologies. My only excuse is an early onset of Bird Fair Fever or BFF as its known.

Last edited:
I just had a thought of folks running into and over each other to get to the bins, then again no new models this year, except some Meopta Meostars.

Andy W.

I just had a thought of folks running into and over each other to get to the bins, then again no new models this year, except some Meopta Meostars.

Andy W.

Is that your best effort at a joke Andy? If so: best not give up the day-job :-O.

Just joshing, I will keep an eye open for humorous moments and report back.

I could visit the Zeiss stand and ask 'did you hear the one about the toxic neck straps?' but I would have to do that early on Friday because by Sunday they will probably have seen enough straps and answered enough questions about them to last a life-time. And then there is always Leica to tease about the neo-vintage re-issued Trinovids that never were. Re-issued, that is. Which leaves Swarovski to interrogate about hot fashions in carry-cases and cutting-edge technology for attaching straps to binos.

Bird Fair is always a great event even if there are no significant model launches.

Lee

post #1

…………………………………...
Get a chance to win a ZEISS Victory pocket binocular

Take your chance to win a ZEISS Victory Pocket 8x25 binocular! For taking part in the competition on the ZEISS Victory Pocket 8x25 you just have to click here https://www.zeiss.com/sports-optics/en_de/nature/birdfair.html
and answer the following questions. Good luck!

We are looking forward to seeing you at Birdfair!

That question of the date of birth is a joke! I would have to go through so many years at 12 months each that I'm sure the system would stop before I get to my birthday. Ridiculous way of sabotage of the older generation?

Last edited:
By clicking on the month and the year, rather than the arrows, in the date "drop down" it was then possible to skip back a year at a time - though this was not obvious to find.

Lee,

I think you have the humor down pat, esp the toxic neck straps and the non-existent Leica Re-issue, you could have a lot of fun with those. Regarding Swaro, it would have to include the word "panning" in it.
I wish I had something like that event to go to, that was close by; anyhow enjoy yourself and look forward to the reports.

Andy W.

By clicking on the month and the year, rather than the arrows, in the date "drop down" it was then possible to skip back a year at a time - though this was not obvious to find.

Thanks, that was definitely not obvious. But it actually then allows to move about ten years at the time. And I did thus get all the way down to my birth date in 1942 within a reasonable time. Have not completed the form a second time, however.

And then there is always Leica to tease about the neo-vintage re-issued Trinovids that never were. Re-issued, that is.

The next time I'll get to see the Leica guys I won't be all that friendly. Announcing that re-issue without checking if it's technically feasible was a huge blunder.

Which leaves Swarovski to interrogate about hot fashions in carry-cases and cutting-edge technology for attaching straps to binos.

You may also ask them about veiling glare in the SV 8x32. I still find them unusable in my neck of the woods. Or their focusers that still aren't anywhere close to what's possible. Or the glare problems of the Habicht 8x30 that would be pretty easy to rectify from what I hear.

Bird Fair is always a great event even if there are no significant model launches.

Ask Zeiss AND Leica about a new 8x32 ... :) Last year word was that there'd be a Noctivid 8x32 this year, and Zeiss claimed they were working on an 8x32.

Hermann

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back