• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Kansas (1 Viewer)

Hello, I just discovered this site after Googling "partial albino female cardinal". This beautiful bird has graced our deck for months now and some local birders told us she is a partial albino. I wanted to find out more about her. Would love to share her picture with you. Can you please tell me how to send the photo?
Thanks.

Hi tallgrassprairie,

A warm welcome to BirdForum from all the Moderators and Admin. Look forward to seeing your picture :t:

How to attach pictures

If you are in a new thread press the grey "Manage Attachments" button. If you are replying to a post you need to press "Go Advanced" first rather than use "Quick Reply".

Press "Browse" to find the picture and the press Upload. Now wait until you see that the upload has completed (information about the file will appear). Attach any other pictures in the same way and then press "Close this Window".

Your picture(s) should now be attached.

You need to resize your photo so it is less than 200kb, although it is advisable to keep file sizes below 100kb. The dimensions of any photos should be no more than 800 x 800. If you need more help let us know.

Hi tallgrassprairie, and another "Welcome to BirdForum". We are glad to have you aboard.

I believe a have seen the photos you mentioned, being alerted to them on MOBIRDS Listserve.

I have checked the archives of MOBIRDS and can not seem to locate the posts relating to the partial albino cardinal.

Did you happen to post something about them on that listserve?

Thanks for your warm welcomes. I could not figure out the attachment thing, so I uploaded the photos of our partial albino cardinal to the Gallery. I don't see it there however. This is way over my head! I'm almost hoping I don't find any other birds I want to share with you--I'll just enjoy looking at your birds and ask an occasional question without posting a photo.

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
It does take a little while to learn the ins and outs, but I hope you don't get discouraged. I have pm (private messaged) you with step by step directions. I hope that helps.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back