• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Last 3 ticks whats yours? (4 Viewers)

Either :-
Pohnpei Monarch - Pohnpei, Fed. States of Micronesia
Long-billed White-eye - Pohnpei, Fed. States of Micronesia
Grey White-eye - Kusrae, Fed. States of Micronesia

or 3 'armchair' ticks :-
Salim Ali's Swift
Blyth's Swift
Cook's Swift

Yuz pays yer money and takes yer choice.

Chris

Latest lifers:

Lanceolated Warbler
Black Stork
Baillon's Crake

Latest 2011:

Sociable Lapwing
Scaup
Bluethroat

Greater Short-toed Lark
Tawny Pipit

Amazingly both together at 2200m elevation in the alps.

Razorbill in Heligoland

Southern Beardless-Tyrannulet
Orange-collared Manakin
Olive Sparrow
in Costa Rica

My last lifers all from a colombia trip:
Short-Tailed Emerald
Black inca
Yellow-Hooded Blackbird

it seems you were having some fun near Bogota...!
any photos or trip report available?
saludos!, Diego.

ps. where did you get the blackbird?... all swamps in/near Bogota were having some issues with the recent strong rains this year; some of those were temporary closed, some impossible to access, etc... thanks for the info!

Blackbirds were seen at La Florida Parc (near the Bogota Airport).
No trip report yet. Still entering all the species seen on the trip in a database... :)

Had a great time in Colombia and we got nearly all the specialties we aimed for (excepting the 3 endemic hummers in the Santa Marta Mountains. Nearly no flowers, so no Black Backed thornbill, Santa Marta Woodstar or Santa Marta Sabrewing).

Cheers,

filip

Blackbirds were seen at La Florida Parc (near the Bogota Airport).
No trip report yet. Still entering all the species seen on the trip in a database... :)

Had a great time in Colombia and we got nearly all the specialties we aimed for (excepting the 3 endemic hummers in the Santa Marta Mountains. Nearly no flowers, so no Black Backed thornbill, Santa Marta Woodstar or Santa Marta Sabrewing).

Cheers,

filip

Thanks for the info Filip...
La Florida is a nice place, but unfortunately the Bogota River floods have made it unavailable some times recently....

Some of the hummers at Santa Marta can be really difficult, like the thornbill that you should go as high as possible as early as possible to have better chances for it... (although we we lucky one year ago in July when this female was hanging out at the feeders for some time: http://www.flickr.com/photos/colombia_birding_diego/4856849081/ & http://www.flickr.com/photos/colombia_birding_diego/4856848989/)... we also got the sabrwing, males and females, coming to feeders a bit and the woodstar is more common.. but if there were no much flowers I understand how easy is to miss those...

saludos and keep us posted if you release a trip report or some photos..
I am starting today a 3 weeks trip in the Andes!!
Diego.

All from Mt. Liangbian on the Dalat Plateau, Vietnam

White Spectacled Warbler
Collared Laughingthrush
Indochinese Fulvetta

I got three life ticks on my holiday (Dorset/Devon) last week:
Stilt Sandpiper
Dartford Warbler
Cirl Bunting

Although I also added a new lifer last night after work: White-winged Black Tern (North Yorkshire)

Had five in Spain last week:

1063 Pin-tailed Sandgrouse
1064 Little Bustard
1065 Calandra Lark
1066 Slender-billed Gull
1067 Citril Finch

Last 4 ticks in Singapore:

Blue Rumped Parrot (rare resident breeder)
Whiskered Treeswift (rare non-breeding visitor)
Wood Sandpiper (common winter visitor/passage migrant)
Congo African Grey Parrot (escapee)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back