• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

51st Garden Tick (1 Viewer)

pstraughan

Two House Martins made brief rest stops in a dead tree in my garden this morning. They have only been occasional fly-overs before this year and as far as I know the nearest nests are about a mile away. 41 garden ticks this year, 51 in total.

And to think I nearly decided to go out this morning.......

Pat

A lovely bird to have visit your garden Pat. I've been watching my neighbours HMs going to and fro from the nest only a few yards away. I want them to send their chums to my des res but none yet.

Hi Pat,

You're lucky, I've seen very few HM at all this year, even in places where I've seen them in the past. Does anyone know whether numbers ARE down?

Bill.

Hi Pat and all,
House Martins galore here!!:t:
Youngsters still being fed in the nest under the eaves....their twitterings,acrobatic comings and goings are always sorely missed when they leave us in the Autumn!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back