• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Flags (1 Viewer)

Paul 42

Help!! GreenFields why can't I have my flag? I chose Europe, as I am half Irish, half English, and I live and work in France. Trouble is it doesn't display. I've had to go for second choice, United Nations!!

Does that mean I've got to fly the French flag even though I'm not French?? Blimey, I hope I don't have to sing "La Marseillaise" next Saturday afternoon......

Like Steve said earlier: The flags are supposed represent where you are POSTING FROM, not where you come from or lived in a previous life!

Get a grip, peoples!

Well to be fair I am actually posting from Europe! And Steve a Saint Georges cross will be more appropriate than a Union Jack on Saturday as I will be in a pub with my French mates watching their team getting stuffed by the English rugby side! "Swing low sweet chariot....."

Why not use the avatar to denote your identity/personality/nationality and the flag to denote your "observation" point; which I thought was the whole idea anyway? It was quite a simple idea in the first place!

Yes if your posting from Northern Ireland

I give up! I surrender! its a pointless exersise, we will review it again.

Actually Steve the original question was a technical one- Europe is on the list and I thought it would be fun to have the EEC flag. I don't really care THAT much and I certainly didn't mean to start a polemic!!! PS England Scotland Wales and Ireland are on the list allready, but not Northern Ireland (ducks below parapet to avoid crossfire).

Isn't the Europe Flag blue with a circle of gold stars? I seem to get a white box with red 'x' and Europe next to it? Where's the image gone? I sometimes go on holiday in Europe so could be posting from anywhere.

Lets see, can i do a euro symbol '€' , phew....... I though you were anti Europe for a moment ;-)

...........Coming forth to carry me home Eng 42 Fra 17, you heard it hear first :)

Amazing.
The flags aren't 'fun', they aren't 'serious'... they are just a quick visual geographical indicator of where you are posting from.... they're not even compulsory.
Andy.

Sorry for the delay Paul - had to scour the earth for this flag, which was missing for some reason, then shrink it to bitesize pieces.

Enjoy!

Cheers Green Fields, to tell you the truth I had forgotten all about that!! Very handsome it is too. Havent verified if all the stars are there yet. If we get any more members in the EEC we'll have to get a bigger flag 8-P

It's not if Paul but when. Ten more are joining the EU in two year's time. Just think of all the translations then! And the expenses that will be claimed out of our money!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back