• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding around Garda and San Marino (1 Viewer)

Finbirder

Hi fellow birders,

I am having a week's holiday trip in the beginning of July in Garda. I would like to know what kind of good birding places there are nearby?
We are planning to go to San Marino also, so all information about that area and between is also more than welcome :)

There are some species that I'm still missing on the WP lifer list, so info on those would be most interesting..

Dartford Warbler
Moustached Warbler
Melodious Warbler
Wallcreeper
Alpine Accentor
Citril Finch
White-winged Snowfinch
Common Rock Thrush
Rock Partridge
Barn Owl
Glossy ibis

Thanks in advance and all the best
Finbirder

Last edited:
Thanks very much 3italianbirders. I sent an email to Verona birders.

Po Delta seems like an amazing place and it was a pleasure reading your report from there. I noticed that I am also missing Squacco Heron and Slender-billed Gull as lifers so there's some possibilites to get at least some new species there :) I will definitely try to go to Po Delta.

bear in mind that we usually go there between April and May, so the species you see in July will probably be slightly different and if it's very hot you should consider early morning or late afternoon visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back