• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Runtime errors (1 Viewer)

Rosah

I haven't been able to use the forum much lately because I keep getting runtime errors. I don't have a clue what this means but a little box pops up and it says runtime error, then a number and error: object expected. Then it asks me if I want to debug. I have tried saying yes, but it won't complete. When I say no, it won't go away and allow me to access anything on the forum. I really miss reading all the posts on here and seeing the photos. Can anyone tell me what a runtime error means and what to do about it? If so, hopefully it will allow me to get back on to see the answer. HELP! Rosah

Greenfields made a suggestion to solve this one. This is what he said. It worked for me.

Errors On Page Loading
We are currently working to resolve these issues - which we are aware of. It is, unfortunately, a fact that a site evolving as fast as this one will enevitabely run into problems.

As a temporary fix, to disable the error dialog [In IE]

Go to Tools > Options.

Click on the Advanced Tab

Under the 'Browsing Section', check 'Disable Script Debugging'

Dave, thank you so much for this information. I didn't realize it was a problem with the site. I thought it was just my computer and have been searching through my Idiot's Window's XP book for answers that aren't there. I have changed this setting and will hope it works for me too.

Rosah, I experience that problem when I gain access thru the aol browser. When that happens I go thru the I.E. browser. I.E. is usually slower for some reason, but, I don't get the error windows.

It is Jeff, but there are many times I cannot access a site through I.E. and have no problem accessing it through aol.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back