• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Howdy from North Carolina (1 Viewer)

'Card

High-Tech Hillbilly
Howdy!

New guy checking in from just south of Raleigh, North Carolina, USA. I've been an outdoorsman all my life, but I'm relatively new to birding. I've found it adds a lot to my hunting, fishing, or kayaking trips if I pack a camera along and keep an eye on the skies as well. Right now I'm using a Panasonic Lumix FZ50, and I found this forum while doing research on digiscoping, which is probably the next thing I'm going to have to blow lots of money on. |8)|

I've posted some of my early efforts at bird (and other critters) photography on my website at http://www.kenthomas.us (click on 'Images' on the front page, and then scroll down a bit to find the 'Animal' gallery) so feel free to check them out if you're interested. I was actually quite proud of some of them until I found this site and realized how much I have to learn. |:$|

Anyway, just wanted to post a note to introduce myself, and express my appreciation for all of the information I've already found on these forums. You folks have an amazing level of knowledge about this subject, and I look forward to learning more from all of you.

Hello Card,
On behalf of the staff, welcome to the Birdforum. Glad you're finding some of the info you're looking for, and we'll be looking forward to seeing some of your work in the Gallery.

Hi Card

A warm welcome to you.
Merlin

[QUOTE='Card]Howdy!

New guy checking in from just south of Raleigh, North Carolina, USA. I've been an outdoorsman all my life, but I'm relatively new to birding. I've found it adds a lot to my hunting, fishing, or kayaking trips if I pack a camera along and keep an eye on the skies as well. Right now I'm using a Panasonic Lumix FZ50, and I found this forum while doing research on digiscoping, which is probably the next thing I'm going to have to blow lots of money on. |8)|

I've posted some of my early efforts at bird (and other critters) photography on my website at http://www.kenthomas.us (click on 'Images' on the front page, and then scroll down a bit to find the 'Animal' gallery) so feel free to check them out if you're interested. I was actually quite proud of some of them until I found this site and realized how much I have to learn. |:$|

Anyway, just wanted to post a note to introduce myself, and express my appreciation for all of the information I've already found on these forums. You folks have an amazing level of knowledge about this subject, and I look forward to learning more from all of you.[/QUOTE]

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back