• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Meopta Meocap (1 Viewer)

NDhunter

Experienced observer
United States
Here is a new product from Meopta, at least new to me, I found while
searching their site.

This is an ocular rainguard, that easily hinges up and down, and also aids
in blocking peripheral light.

This seems to be a good idea, I have not tried it, but it looks good.

Jerry

Attachments

• Meopta Meocap -.jpg
    Meopta Meocap -.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 180
Kinda neat although for my purposes, looks like it would be a bit slow having to pop two separate covers. The old, flat Zeiss cover was the best - always on and slipped away when the bin was lifted.

Nice find Jerry, thanks for sharing. Looks like a neat solution if you don't wear spectacles. Must take a look at these if they are at Bird Fair.

James, you are dead right about the old Zeiss rainguard. I have three of these and swap them around from bino to bino because they are just so functional. They look clunky and weigh twice as much as more recent rainguards but in my opinion they are twice as effective. They give the user the choice of left-hand, right-hand, or both-sides attachment too.

Lee

Sounds like the MeoCaps are a US market product only. I am pushing to get some to Bird Fair but am waiting for info on this.

Lee

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back