• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

eBird Help (1 Viewer)

btooze

My usual method of birding is to record what I have seen on my phone and then enter that information onto a spreadsheet when I get home.

I do not record the time, date or location, just the species I have seen.

I have just created an account with eBird and I do not know if (or how) I can add any of this historical data (my life list) into eBird, as it requires dates and locations.

Any help would be appreciated.

Brian

Hi Brian,

Adding any significant amount of past data would just be too tedious and would require at least a date and location. However, for on going reporting, the eBird app can be used with your Phone or Tablet to live report as you are birding. It would then automatically fill in the location, date and time. I have tried it and it works. I'm just old enough to prefer a notepad and pen for field notes that I then use to enter my lists.

A) I like the Ebird app.

B) a number of options depending on what information you have. If you want to add your life list as a single list without time etc. then choose a location (such as a country if you have no other location data) and add the observations on 1-1-1900. In notes for the list, add the word “list-building “ and once the list is submitted, make it hidden. If you have date and location, then look into the historical protocol in ebird.

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back