• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Your Most Recent "Life" Bird (8 Viewers)

Managed to get to Järvafältet outside Stockholm before class today and saw the Isabelline Wheatear there. Sweet bird!

Chapman's Swift

While we were waiting by the pool in Tarapoto, Peru for the shuttle to the airport, November 8th, 2009, on the last day of the trip. It was number 2125 for me.

Hi all... great thread Larry, thanks!..
My last lifers come from my last trip with clients in the Andes of Colombia.. we visited new area for me in N E Andes so I got some there.. best of those: RECURVE-BILLED BUSHBIRD..ohh, what a nice nice bird, especially female!..amazing!..
Then, in our traditional locations I got a couple of lifers more: LANCEOLATED MONKLET in N C Andes in Anori municipality (breathtaking!) and OLIVE FINCH in the lower Galapagos Road in El Cairo & San Jose del Palmar municipalities (such a especialty!)...
those are my last lifers... enjoy!
Diego.

Grey Wagtail

The Grey Wagtail was a bit of a bogey bird for me, while I have never actively searched for them I always seem to turn up five minuets after other people have spoted them and the birds are long gone. Yesterday my luck changed I went downstairs to make myself some lunch and out of the corner of my eye I spoted a yellow flash, seconds later a Grey Wagtail landed on my garden shed no sooner than it had arrived it was off again. Made my day.:bounce:

Just started my life list in August 2009 and have about 65 birds on it (all here in Southern California) -- this afternoon, I saw a flock of Red-whiskered Bulbuls and a Mandarin Duck here in the Los Angeles Arboretum!

Not to be a party pooper, but I don't think either of those species in countable in California. Although honestly the Bulbuls probably should be since the Florida ones are.

What do you mean, "countable"? Do you mean countable on one's life list or countable as "Birds of North America" for instance?

For me, it was still cool to see them nonetheless. My Western N. America Sibley guide actually has the Red-whiskered Bulbuls, but not the Mandarin.

good autumn for American waders

Spotted Sandpiper

before that Wilson's Phalarope and Lesser Yellowlegs (all in Central Scotland this autumn)

Black redstart 13/12/09.
was the best of a very good 10 lifers for me that day or wast it 9!
Red kite was also amazing.

Cheers
Karpman

Glaucous Gull

Went today to Intervale Compost in Burlington Vermont today hoping to find the lesser-Black Backed gull and also this Glaucous Gull. One out of two ain't that bad. What a beauty this gull stuck out so much it was a great lifer. Hopefully the Lesser Black Backed turns up again soon. Here is a record shot I got today of my first Glaucous Gull.

Attachments

• IMG_9722.JPG
    IMG_9722.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 66

Users who are viewing this thread

Back