• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

repair (1 Viewer)

I have recently damaged the body of my el 8.5x42 binoculars.I am thinking of having them repaired and serviced,does anyone have any idea how long this would take.

My brother sent in a EL SV last month to Swarovski North America for a rough focus issue. He was initially told that they would most likely be able to do the repair in the US. Shipping was about 5 days and then it was about two weeks before they determined here in the US that the binocular would have to go back to Austria. He was told last week that it should be about another two weeks.

I am not sure how they accounted for shipping time, but assuming you are in England and you can send yours directly to Austria, I would figure on at least three weeks based on my brothers experience.

I suggest you contact them to get a better idea.

Bryce ..... You are right, that does seem odd, especially considering what my brother was told at first.

He called shorty after the binocular arrived at Swarovski of North America and was told without qualification that the binocular was going to be repaired in the US and would take about two weeks. He called a couple of weeks later to check on the status and to his surprise, was told they had been sent off to the Motherland! Sounds like they got into it and had a change of mind. He was not given a reason. Maybe the paperwork will give some clues once they come back.

To follow up on the previous posts, my brother got word that the repair of his EL SV is complete and being returned. This time he was told the binocular was never sent back to Austria but was at Swarovski North America the whole time and was repaired there. The last person he spoke with was unable to explain why he was previsously told they were sent back to Austria.

Swarovski North America had the binoculars for seven weeks to repair a rough focus issue. Add a total of about 10 more days for shipping both ways.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back