• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Gregor's between school and university list (2 Viewers)

23rd January, Anstead Bushland Reserve, Queensland
671. Apostlebird
672. Pacific Swift

Another great morning at this great reserve! It is now exactly a month until I will be starting university and sadly it looks as though this list will be continuing to dwindle for that time as I suspect I won't be able to leave Brisbane before then. Hopefully I'll be able to find a few more species yet!

24th January, Nathan Road Wetlands Reserve, Queensland
673. Pectoral Sandpiper
674. Marsh Sandpiper

Dowse Lagoon, Sandgate, Queensland
675. Whiskered Tern

29th January, Lake Samsonvale, Queensland
678. Little Bronze-Cuckoo

Sadly a frustrating morning, as there were several more species that I could have found here, including Brush Cuckoo that I only heard. Hopefully I'll be able to get there again in my final three-or-so weeks before university!

15th February, D'Aguilar NP, Queensland
679. Noisy Pitta

A fantastic bird, but I very much hope that it won't end up being my last addition to this list! I will be starting university next Monday, and I will be trying my best to get a few more new birds before then!

19th February, Mount Coot-tha Forest, Queensland
680. Wonga Pigeon

This bird will almost certainly be my last addition to this list sadly. My freshers' week begins on Sunday, and although I did specify that it was up until my first lecture at university, I very much doubt that I'll get the opportunity to find any more birds! 680 is well above my original target of 600, which is extremely pleasing. It has been a fantastic eight-or-so months' of my life, and now I am very excited to be beginning the next chapter!

I will go and have a look for Eastern Grass Owls this evening, probably the only feasible bird remaining.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back