• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zen-Ray ZEN: another ED open bridge binoculars (1 Viewer)

You might not be able to tell from some of my posts ;)

Though I do speak rather less Scouse (otherwise people won't understand me)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scouse

So Keviin, are you originally from Liverpool? That was a very interesting link regarding the Scouse dialect. As a kid during the Beatles craze, I was always surpised that when the Beatles sang, for the most part I couldn't pick up an accent, but when you heard them speak, wow! For years I thought that was what an English accent sounded like, only later around the time I read "All Creatures Great and Small", did I realize dialects ranged over England like they do here, from a New England Yankee accent, to a deep South drawl, and of course the far west where we don't have any accent at all...;)
John

...did I realize dialects ranged over England like they do here, from a New England Yankee accent, to a deep South drawl, and of course the far west where we don't have any accent at all...

Yeah, like what-ever....(my best valley-girl accent).

"You's guys out west talk just as funny as us easterners...and don't even get me started on dem guys south of the Mason-Dixon...."

;)

Ahhhh, Florida doesn't count. Too many retired folks from other states down that way. The whole accent thing goes right out the window.....

;)

Yeah, like what-ever....(my best valley-girl accent).

"You's guys out west talk just as funny as us easterners...and don't even get me started on dem guys south of the Mason-Dixon...."

;)

I don't know how far up the coast that valley girl thing goes, but you would be laughed out of the State if you ever talked like that in Montana. Actually we do heve accents here, the guys over east of the mountains sound like that movie "Fargo". I don't know what us western Montana guys sound like to people from other parts of the country.

I'd still like to hear Kevin talk, see if he sounds like John, Paul, Gerge or Ringo.

Last edited:
Ahhhh, Florida doesn't count. Too many retired folks from other states down that way. The whole accent thing goes right out the window.....

;)

I happen to be from Montreal, but even when I lived up there, everyone (even in Montreal) thought that I was from New York :-O

So how can a Canadian be born with a NY accent?

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back