• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dumfries and Galloway (1 Viewer)

pduxon said:
You should consider Hay-on-Wye in Wales for books. 35 second hand bookshops and the food in the Old Black Lion is excellent.

I was there a few years ago - found an out of print book called "The Robin". I'd had it out of the library for months, and since they'd dug it out of the reserve store, I was thinking of asking if I could buy it - then somebody sent in a request for it, and I had to return it. What a cheek - I was counting it as mine really.

pduxon said:
Just how long have you been married?

17 years this coming February, 20 years since we met.
I'm taken 'her' to the Solway for a romantic weekend's birding!!!

Ours is 22 years at the end of this month. 28 since meeting. I believe you get less for murder!!

We're off to Dumfries and Galloway for a romantic weekend's birding!

Happy birthday, Elizabeth. B :)

digi-birder said:
Ours is 22 years at the end of this month. 28 since meeting. I believe you get less for murder!!

Thanks Diane - and have a great time, hope to hear all about D&G in due course.

Dear Elizabeth,

Congratulations on your birthday and 45 years with the same man! You must be able to cope with apparent wind.

Don’t overlook the South side of the Solway - Skinburness and Campfield well worth a visit.

Regards.
G B-S.

Last edited:
digi-birder said:

So Keith would have been free years ago!!

A public many happy return Elizabeth. I'll be in Hay in June so if you want me to look for any books.......... Should I have posted that? I can see the requests....

CJW - you old romantic you. Not the back of a sewerage works is it?

My folks have done 51 years and have known each other 60years or so. Unbelieveable

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back