• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bucharest Summer Birding? (1 Viewer)

andysross

Hello,

I am visiting Bucharest Late July to early August to watch some friends competing at the Junior Wrestling World Championships. As it works out, I will have a couple days to roam the city. I will not have a car and will be staying at the RIN Grand in the south end of the city. It looks like there is a large park directly across the street from the hotel, but I haven't been able to find any information online about it. I was just looking for any advice on local spots or any places easily reached by train/bus. I realize it isn't the best time of the year but having never been to the region, I'm sure I can find something new or interesting.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank You!

Hi andysross,

I live in Bucharest, so I'm able to help you. As you wrote, it isn't the best time of the year for birding in Bucharest, but maybe you'll join me for a short trip in one of the birding sites near the city (I have a car).
Over the road from the RIN Grand Hotel is a somehow strange marsh area. It was Ceausescu's project to build there a lake, but this project was abandoned twenty years ago. It's a good birding site (for an area in the city) and I know it very well (there are tones of pictures taken there in my gallery on birdforum).

Keep in touch,

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back