• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding Transylvania (1 Viewer)

Jeff Turner

If we have the will. Nature finds the way.
Another two weeks birding planned in Transylvania starting 24th August. Simply can't get enough of Romania. I've been visiting every year for the last seven years and will have spent a total of six weeks in the country in 2015 alone.
If you have been thinking of visiting Romania, then stop thinking about it and go. It's a beautiful country with so much to offer. For me it's all about the wildlife wether I am in the mountains watching eagles or the Danube Delta for the water birds. The country has plenty to offer, great cities with amazing architecture, Cathedrals and Monasteries. Stunning castles such as Peles, Corvine and of course Bran Castle in Brasov.
I thoroughly recommend you eat out in the local community especially in the rural areas, they will make you feel very welcome and the food is amazing.
Watch out for the plinka though, a local brew with one hell of a kick.
So what are you waiting for, get out there and explore
Jeff
Newcastle
England

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back