• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mr. Kreczmer's invalid Garden Warbler (1 Viewer)

Björn Bergenholtz

(former alias "Calalp")
Sweden
Instead of trying to read any French or Spanish texts that I (in the end) understand nothing of ... I´ll keep doing what I´m reasonably good at; cleaning my desk ... so here´s yet another, possibly additional part (found along the way, working my MS, of Swedish common bird names, even if not included):

kreczmeri as in
• the invalid subspecies "Sylvia borin kreczmeri" DUNAJEWSKI 1938 (here, p.3, even worse, in Polish!): "leg. B. Kreczmer" (synonym Sylvia b. borin BODDAERT 1783)

... most likely the Polish naturalist/zoologist and collector Bogdan Kreczmer (19071987), who collected the Type specimen itself, a male (13 June 1936) in the vicinity of Vilnius, in today's Lithuania (in Polish Wilno, at that time part of "Eastern Polen") as well as most of the other types, at the same location (also in June 1936), Son of the Polish entomologist Arkadiusz Kreczmer ... thereafter (together with Arkady Fiedler) collector of many, several thousands of insects on Madagascar in (1936?)1937-1938.

See the following links: here (p.13), here and here.

For what it´s worth!

Björn
--

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 3 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back