• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Duck ID Edinburgh (1 Viewer)

sandy wilson

tacketyboots
Hi,

This duck seen on a local pond - any suggestions as to what it is? Thanks.

Attachments

• duck_1.jpg
    duck_1.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 61
  • duck_2.jpg
    duck_2.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 51
It's not a wild bird, but one of the many varieties of domestic mallards. They turn up eventually at most urban duck ponds--here in the States as well as on your side of the water.

Hallo

It is nice photo, we have the some mallard with white sign on in the front (on same place as this photo)

there are a mallard on river in the city. Last year I see only 1 mallard male on the river. But this year I see third mallard with white sign. Maby is this a some kind of leucistic or hybrid sign whitch is heritable.

see you

Thanks everybody

I was suspecting a mallard crossed with a domestic duck..but domestic mallard sounds about right when I think about it.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back