• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New Swarovski Adapter for Iphone (1 Viewer)

That one you saw at the Shot Show was one of the very few now floating around the U.S. Most Swarovski Regional Reps don't have one and dealers can't order them yet either.

Adapter with one ring $145.00. Additional rings $25.20. Different rings for ATS/STS, ATX/STX, SLC 42, SLC 56, EL 42, EL 32.

Looks like they have taken a good idea and made it into an absolute indispensable bit of birding kit.

I love the folding gate on the housing so the phones able to slide in and out. The Phoneskope version is an absolute bastard to use as you have to use force to get it into and out of its housing. As such its almost unusable.

The following six rings will be available:
EL42/EL50
SLC42/EL32
SLC56
CL30 Companion
ATX/STX
ATS/STS

Because digiscoping came from using telescopes, I assume that most people will just be thinking about that application, but we found out pretty quickly that taking photos through binoculars is incredibly addictive.

Hey proudpapa, will you be trying to order this kit when (if) available in the USA? Or, maybe I could try to order one from Europe if I see them available in March? Make mine with the EL32 ring - Thanks,

John F

Hey John,
Yes I will. Don't know if we're going to stock them all, so specific requests do make it easier. I'll let you know the guesstimated release date tomorrow.

We put in our initial order (including the EL32/SLC42 size, I'll PM you when it comes in John) and are being told March arrival.

Got a message from Gordon, the adapter should be in tomorrow, and placed the order today. The camera on the iPhone 5s doesn't suck, so if all else is well it'll be fun to own. Just last week I was glassing bighorn sheep while hiking, but didn't have my camera & long lens with. Sure would have been nice to have a pic of that.

When I've put the adapter through the paces I'll be sure to post impressions and sample pics. Thanks ProudPapa!

John F
LV NV

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back