• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

995 returned (1 Viewer)

digi-birder

I just picked up my 995 today - it has been back at the Nikon Service Department having the focus checked for the last four weeks.

The service report says 'repair/adjust focus mechanism/circuit, test and adjust accuracy as necessary, check, test and clean equipment and upgrade firmware to latest version'. This read to me as if it was an instruction to the service technician - not a report of what they actually did.

I put the CF card and battery back in and had to reset all the user options etc. I snapped some flash and non-flash photos indoors to test how the focus looked. When I reviewed the photos and zoomed in to look in closer detail, I noticed some random vertical lines down the middle of the pictures. I changed the card and the same thing happened, so it's not the card.

The odd thing is that when I downloaded them onto the computer, the lines were not in the pictures. I cannot see any lines on the monitor when viewing the shot before taking it. They only appear when reviewing the photos in camera. I can just about see them at normal magnification, but obviously they are more noticeable when zoomed in.

These lines were definitely not there in review mode before the camera went away.

Anyone else had this strange phenomenon? Any ideas what may have happened?

Obviously, it is not too much of a problem as the lines do not appear on the photos themselves. It's just annoying that it's come back like this.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back