• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello from Chile (1 Viewer)

erizzo

Hi from Chile
If anybody has been to Chile I would love to here about you and the hot spots that you found.

Hi Erizzo,

Welcome to BirdForum!

I've never been to Chile, but it would be interesting to hear about your birds. One day I would like to get to see the Pehuén and Alerce forests in your area

Michael

Hi Erizzo,

A warm welcome to BirdForum from all the Admin and Moderators. I hope you enjoy your time with us.

I would love to visit Chile - and not for just the birds.

Last edited by a moderator:
you should come down some time and see the beauty of our national parks in the 9th Region were I live(Temuco).
Chile has all the diferent climates, but not tropical.And in the north in the desert and altiplanno(1,2 and some of the 3 region) you can see more than half of the 450 or so birds that can be seen in Chile.

talk to ya later michael

erizzo said:
you should come down some time and see the beauty of our national parks in the 9th Region were I live(Temuco).
talk to ya later michael
Hi Erizzo,

Thanks!

"9th region" . . . I would be intersted to know how the numbered regions work, please - they are not marked in my atlas. A while ago, someone who went to Chile gave me some Pilgerodendron uviferum cones from "Region 11: near Puerto Aisén". Would I be right in guessing then that they are zones numbered from north to south? Are they the same as the named districts on my atlas (e.g. La Araucania, where you are)?

Michael

Yes thay are names north to south and there is 12 of them plus the Metropolitan region where the capital is Santiago and yes I live in "La Region de la Araucania".

Hi Erizzo

not been to Chile yet but have a few friends who have just been in Lauca Park. Plus i helped out in the production of the Essential guide to birdwatching in Chile and learnt quite a bit about the place - hope to visit in the nest three years or maybe sooner.....

keep us posted about Chile....

Thanks for the posts of all.

And hope to see you down here Tim and I'll have to check out this bird book you are talking about.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back