• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Greetings from Chile (1 Viewer)

I just want to introduce myself. My name is Thomas and my wife and I are avid birdwatchers living in Chile. We also travel occasionally to Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay and know many of the birds in these countries. My favorite bird is the White-tailed Kite; hers is the White-crested Elaenia. Nice to meet everyone.

Hi there Thomas and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

We're glad you found us and we thank you for taking a moment to say hello to us all.

Thomas,
And another welcome to Birdforum! The White-tailed Kite is definitely a great bird. I spent a number of years in Mexico, Colombia, and Venezuela and have seen it quite often and am always impressed by its beauty and grace.

Looking forward to hearing more about the birds in Chile.

Hi Fritz... nice gallery

Hi Fritz,

It's nice to "meet" you over this forum. I enjoyed very much looking at the photos of Argentine birds in your gallery. In fact, there are so many, that I haven't had time to look at them all... but I will. Are these photos that you took yourself or that you have collected from different sources?

I used to do a bit of wildlife photography in the U.S. before I moved to Buenos Aires in the 1980s. But then I was too busy and gave up the hobby for a long time. Just now I am getting excited to start again, and I'm researching cameras, lens, etc... while getting to know all the species of Chile. Hopefully in the coming year I'll be able to start posting pictures from here.

Best wishes,
Tom

Thomas Field said:
Hi Fritz,

It's nice to "meet" you over this forum. I enjoyed very much looking at the photos of Argentine birds in your gallery. In fact, there are so many, that I haven't had time to look at them all... but I will. Are these photos that you took yourself or that you have collected from different sources?

I used to do a bit of wildlife photography in the U.S. before I moved to Buenos Aires in the 1980s. But then I was too busy and gave up the hobby for a long time. Just now I am getting excited to start again, and I'm researching cameras, lens, etc... while getting to know all the species of Chile. Hopefully in the coming year I'll be able to start posting pictures from here.

Best wishes,
Tom

Hi Tom,

All the pictures were taken by me the last 7 years. I still have a lot more species to upload. Hope to see some pictures from Chile soon.

If you're some day in Buenos Aires, then we could visit the Costanera Sur Reserve together.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back