• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

WIN Opticron Countryman HD Binoculars worth $500 (US / Canada Only) (1 Viewer)

1. Performance
2. Durability
3. Weight

My favorite is CameraLandNY. They have great prices, great service, and even throw in some freebies once in a while. :)

Three most important attributes - to me.

1) weather resistant
2) quality of view, especially in low light conditions
3) ergonomics, mainly weight and ease of handling

Favourite retailer would be Pelee Wings, for their variety|:D|

Last edited:
1. Quality of image
2. Physical Object (I like plain looking binoculars)
3. Warranty/Customer Service

I like Eagle Optics' customer service. Have had good experiences with Zen Ray, Theron Optics and Cameraland. I'm pretty new to this whole thing.

1. Image quality
2. Portability (same with many things, no matter how good it is, it won't do any good sitting in the closet because it's too heavy/awkward/big to carry)
3. Weather resistant

Don't have a favorite dealer per se, it depends on combination of price/availability/shipping cost (big concern for us Canucks as many retailer charge insane price for that).

Thanks for all your replies so far people - the info is much appreciated (not only by Opticron but by any of the other optics makers that are watching the thread I'm sure).

As we've reached the end of September, I'll ask Birdforum's Steve to pick a winner at random from the entries so far.

Keeping posting - there are two more binos up for grabs!

Cheers, Pete

Congratulations
The winner of the first of 3 prizes in this competition is

Steve C

Steve wins a set of Discovery binoculars worth $275

Opticron will contact the winner via PM within 48hrs.

Holy cow, knock me over with a feather :eek!: . I NEVER win these sorts of things. :t:

Looking forward to these. I'll be sure to keep everybody posted on how they are.

1. weight
2. water-proof
3. warranty
bass pro shop. There are not many choice in town and I have to go on-line. They have more options and reasonable price.

1. Optics quality
2. Durability
3. Warranty

My favourite is Pelee Wings, as it is about the only good option in Ontario.

1. Eye relief (for use with glasses)
2. Resolution
3. Ergonomics

Don't have a favorite dealer. I usually end up buying from one of the big New York City stores because of good prices and typically next day delivery with free UPS ground shipping.

Hi, I am new here.

Three most important things that I look at when buying a binocular:

1) Quality of the optics
2) Construction
3) Durability

My favorite dealers so far are Eagle Optics and CameralandNY.

Thanks.

Well, it's the end of October so time to draw another winner for Discovery binoculars. I'll get the admin team to let me know the winner this time around.

I'd like to hear any more opinions in the final month before we draw the winner of the Countryman HD at the end of November.

Cheers, Pete

1. Comfort with glasses
2. Weight
3. Resolution

I don't have a great optics source in my town. We do have a Wild Birds Unlimited that I frequent, but their prices are higher than what I can find on line.

Mark

Congratulations to bcl05 from Bethesda,MD

Binoculars - The second monthly prize of a Discovery binocular have been
Won by bcl05 Congratulations!

The final prize of a Countryman binocular will be awarded
at the end of November.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back