• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hummer, canal area, Panama (1 Viewer)

njlarsen

Gallery Moderator
Opus Editor
Supporter
Barbados
This image is from the area by the Summit ponds, next to the control post. I have no idea what this hummer is. It looks basically all green - images with a slightly different angle indicates that the bluish color of the shade is an artifact. I have lightened the image using a setting for fill light. If I lighten a lot more, then the secondary coverts look like they might be buffy, at least some of them - but I am not sure whether that is an artifact.

Any good ideas?

Niels

Attachments

• 079 q P1060510.JPG
    079 q P1060510.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 54
Thanks Eduardo.

Initially, I thought that the bill was too long for that species. Is it really that the female has a longer bill than the males?

Niels

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back