• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Duck, duck? (Czech, 2 photos) (1 Viewer)

jamangus

These two ducks were mixed in with the mallards at a small pond in Czech. Are they some domestic variations, or actual species?

Thanks as always.

Last edited:
First one could also be a mallard x muscovy hybrid, but the photo doesn´t give nme enough info to give a definite ID-any others on that bird available?

for the 2nd I´d agree to Tayler

Jörn

the first bird could have Muscovy blood in it but that's only going by the colouration, I see nothing else that would suggest Muscovy .... both appear to be domestic type Mallard variants (or yuck ducks as they are known in my notebook)

kachny...

Thanks everyone.

Blackstart said:
So they were seen at a malý rybník?

Hope things are fine over there in United. ;)

-Adam
Yes, exactly...

This was my first non-winter trip to Czech, so basically everything that flew (or walked or swam) by me was a lifer. Great fun. Great little birds there! I guess I was just wishful about the "yuck ducks"...

Only disappointment was that I couldn't find one stork. Nests only. Next time...

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back