• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Olympus C-750 (1 Viewer)

hummerfan

Hi,

After much consideration I decided to buy the new Olympus C-750. Unfortunately, it will not arrive until mid June. But, after searching long and hard I knew this is the camera I truly had to have.

I want to thank Andy and Ian who patiently guided me into making my decision.

My next step will be to purchase the Tcon-17. Does anyone know where I should go for this and if I need any kind of adapters? This is all new to me and I am very anxious to start getting pictures of my backyard birds.

Thanks and a good day to all of you,

Max

What are its newest features

G'day hummerfan,
Can you tell me about the new features of the C750.
I've still loving my C700 and we haven't got the C750 in Oz yet.
BigBadja

Hi bigbadja,

The camera is on order and won't be shipped until mid June so there's isn't much I can tell you. But, if you do a Google search and look for reviews you can find out about the C-750. Basically, it is a 10 x optical zoom, 4MP camera with a hot shoe. It also has a microphone that lets you record short sound wavs.

I hope this helps!

Have a great day.

Max

Look forward to it Max, it will be a beauty. The big difference as I can see from your remarks is the 4M against my C720 that has 2.2M.
This should allow you to digitally zoom much firther than the earlier models. Your little camera will have the capacity of those huge monoliths the sports 35mm photographers cart around.
Robert

I am really looking forward to it as I have a modest Camedia D510 with only 3x optical right now.

Have you been able to get any bird pictures with your 10x zoom without a teleconverter. I am curious.

Max

Max, I do link it to a telescope occasionally, but rarely find the need to.
In the "Asia Australasia" gallery on this site will will find a number of my images, all taken with the C720, and mostly on the preset camera functions. I love my camera. I even sold my Nikon F50 recently as I found it redundant to my needs.
Half an hour ago I shot 60+ images from my verandak of a galah flock feeding on the lawn, including some "sound linked" images. I'm about to post one on site as soon as I reduce it to around 100k. I'll also post a second one that has been digitally zoomed and cropped so show you the potential as to what you will be able to do....except you will be able to zoom in even further because of the larger CCD in the C750. Both images were taken from about 50'.

I have the 740 and its great the 10X optical zoom is awesome (equal to 380mm) no problems with it and its a 3.2mp I have used my digital zoom and the pics turn out great

HelenB uses a C-700 for her beautiful landscape shots and after seeing her work I've been seriously thinking of getting one, perhaps the 750.

I have also been looking fwd to the release of the 750 but........ come to find out that it will use a different type power supply along with a different kind of memory card. Lens size is the same so all the oly users should be able to use their converters but when I think about all the NIMH batteries I have and the money invested in them along with having to buy a different card reader, I'm afraid I will stick with my 700 til it passes on.

Hummerfan,
This is a pretty old post, but if you haven't bought the TCON-17 yet, you can get it on sale at Adorama (www.adorama.com) for $94. I just got one and it works great. You need the CLA-4 adapter (about $25) to use it with the C-7x0 cameras.

RAH said:
Hummerfan,
This is a pretty old post, but if you haven't bought the TCON-17 yet, you can get it on sale at Adorama (www.adorama.com) for $94. I just got one and it works great. You need the CLA-4 adapter (about $25) to use it with the C-7x0 cameras.

I bought my last July for about $100 and love it. At first it seemed heavy but now I have no problem with it at all. I never take it off the camera. The extra zoom really gives you a lot.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back