• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Camera mount and cable shutter release ?? (1 Viewer)

ballitin

Hi all

Have a nikon s570 and a universal adapter, my question is ,would a Camera mount and cable release make much difference to the camera shake or is there still some shake ? I'm using the timer on the camera at the moment ,just wondered if it was worth the expense.

what is your experience of using a shutter release.

j

Shutter release makes a big difference compared to hand held + timer, never used adapter + timer as I had a shutter release cable available when I got my Baader bracket.

I just recently bought that same bracket and to be honest it does not really work. The little bar that holds the cable never stays tightly screwed and I ended up fiddling with it. in the end I did not use it. My pictures seem to come out fine without one, I would not recommend it but that is just my experience

Exactly the type of bracket that I use....but I have used a little clear nail varnish on the screw for the height of the shutter release socket, that stops it loosening.

I use one of those & it works fine for me! I find it makes a lot of difference to camera shake, and probably worth trying cos they arent that expensive.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back