• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Exploring more of my local birding patch (1 Viewer)

Zafeer

Hola! I wanted to share a little about my birding patch. It's a small stretch of polluted distributary near the Hawksbay beach, Karachi, Pakistan.
Here's the much detailed version if you are interested;

https://birdinginpakistan.blogspot.com/2020/04/exploring-more-of-my-birding-patch.html

I had noted that the presence of the plain prinias, Clamarous reed warblers and the usual Purple sunbirds, Laughing doves and green bee eaters here but wanted to explore much more.
My strike in interest resulted in finding much more species than I thought I would find in such a small area.
I soon found out that this particular spot was a breeding site for Streaked weavers, roosting site for Barn swallows and herons. White breasted waterhen was a very interesting find here though not unexpected. I still get happy whenever I see it, it is much prettier than the moorhen.
The rarest resident award however, goes to the Yellow bellied prinia. A breeding resident, they are usually herd than seen and are always a sight to see.

Attachments

• 49110937_781590668841092_6145876000442941440_n.jpg
    49110937_781590668841092_6145876000442941440_n.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 20
Thanks for sharing - I don't know how stringent the lockdown measures are where you are, but I think a lot of people across the world will be getting to know their local patches better!

I had a look at your blog, but some of the photos aren't displaying properly - don't know if it is a problem with your website or my browser (Firefox 75.0 for Windows)?

Sooo... I see people having a problem so I have to investigate myself.

Using PaleMoon as my browser, the pictures (cracking ones too) all seem to be displaying correctly for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back