• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Detachable FL-LM2 (1 Viewer)

mdb2

well what a plonker I really am, just after a week of ownership the detachable
Flash decided to part company with with my EM1. whilst out in MICHELDEVER woods, spent over 2 hrs back tracking to no avail, although its obviously my fault, I had left it permanantly attached to the camera, or so I thought. All the years I have had canon the flashes have never parted company with the body. There must be a design fault as well. Please help can someone sell me a spare? Also which would be the best options NOW.
Kind regards mike

That is unfortunate so soon after purchasing the camera Mike. I haven't heard of any other flashes coming adrift but that doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. If it is pushed fully home in the hot shoe a little locking pin should hold it in place until the button on the side of the flash is pressed to release it.

New FL-LM2 flash units are available from Amazon for about £56 if you can't find a used one. I'm afraid that is all I can suggest.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Olympus-FL-LM2-Flash-OM-D-E-M5/dp/B0073A1EHS

Ron

Hi Ron! yes I have seen the amazon advert,I was wondering maybe to get a better model either Olympus or nissin ,Metz maybe.
Regards mike

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back