• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

lens caps for HGL 8x32 (1 Viewer)

Chris6,

How are you liking the 8X32 HG/Ls so far. Thanks for the tip by the way, as I still have and use the original HG/LX in 8X32.

Andy W.

dries1,

Thanks. Of the many, but relatively few, binoculars I have tried and taking everything into account, I have liked Nikon HGL 8x42 the most. More specifically, I enjoyed the wider crystalline view of Zeiss 8x42 FL but still preferred the colours, comfortable handling, and mood of HGL, so went for the HGL 8x32 as well.

At first I found the HGL 8x32 a bit yellow and noticed its smaller exit pupil but liked its neater form, while both have that rapid perfect focussing and provide the same satisfactions of ease and quality.

The neatness of the 8x32 is the most persuasive, but still appreciate the very slightly better definition of the 8x42 and now don't notice its smaller fov, or the smaller pupil and 'yellow' of 8x32, and like them both in different ways!

I often put them down and just feel better when the lenses are covered, so drop down lens caps have made a disproportionate difference.

Last edited:
They are a very well constructed glass, and in the original HG/LX I see more in the red (warm) as emphasis when viewing, I love viewing with them on a bright sunny day, one can lock in with the focus quickly on a moving object, same with the 10X32.

Andy W.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back