• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Robin's Pooping on Cars (2 Viewers)

Kelly G

I'm hoping someone can provide a suggestion to prevent the amount of robin's poop I get on my car each day parked in my driveway.

I'm not parked under a tree or wire, but there are trees in the vicinity. It's funny how they only poop on the passenger side - the front door, side view mirror and windshield.

Any suggestions? Besides putting on a car cover? I am thinking that the robin's see the reflection of the trees on the car, and that's why they are hanging out on my car. They also peck at the windows and mirros as well.

Appreciate any feedback, thank you.

Kelly G.

Hi Kelly, and welcome to BirdForum.
The robins are most likely pecking at their own reflections.This is quite a common occurrence -- around here it's mostly the Red-whiskered Bulbuls and Plain-backed Sparrows doing it. Try tucking an old towel or something into the top of the door or window and letting it hang down over the mirror as you close it. Or maybe just tying a bag of some sort over the mirror would work.
Cheers,
Marie

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back