• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Old Leica Trinovid 8X42 (1 Viewer)

wachipilotes

Hello,
Someone sell the Leica BA/BN 8x42 model, old model, it´s very different of the modern Trinovis model? worth the old model still ? I do not use glasses..
Thanks
Wachi

I am a proud owner of a Trinovid 8x42 BA since 1993. In my opinion it is an absolutely superb high-end bino even by today's standards: built like the proverbial tank, great handling, nice and easy eye placement, very sharp and contrasty at 60% of die field of view. Yes, my new Swarovski SLC 10x56 is even better in every category but I prefer my old BA e.g. over the current Trinovids which says something I think.

Leica provides the best contrast IMO, the BAs and BNs are still a very good glass today. I really enjoy the UV8X42 HD and the 10X50 HD+. While the billboard /flat views from the ELs/SLC are nice for astronomy (I have the SLC 15X56 for astro and astro only). I appreciate the views from the Leica for terrestrial daytime viewing and they also do very well at astronomy also. So to me Leica is the best all around glass made today.

Andy W.

The complete absence of blackouts when I view without glasses makes up for a big part of the joy this bino gives to me. With glasses, eye placement is more important but far from being critical.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back