• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

House Finch. (1 Viewer)

Bird and squirrel lover.
Something about this little fella is just different from my other House Finches that I get frequently. The red is so much lighter than the others, and the brown lines on the body are just so much more bold and distinct. Maybe it is a youngin or something else. Anyone got an idea, or am I just nutty?

Attachments

• House Finch.JPG
    House Finch.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 130
  • House Finch 1.JPG
    House Finch 1.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 129
Most birds tend to show drabber in the winter months. This one mimics the ones I have at my feeders. ;)

The male's colors can be quite variable not only as to shade but as to color, from yellow/gold to pink to deep reds and literally everything in between. I have two in my yard right now, one that looks quite similar to yours, -25, and another one that is neon orange. Always fun to see what shows up. :t:

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back