• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Brown butterflies of Iran (Satyrinae) (1 Viewer)

parisaaa

I love this shy and plain butterflies (I'm always complaining about their plain features in public |=\|), they make themselves impossible for you to notice but when they come across females they show the other character of themselves along with those marvelous upper wings.
I devote this post to them and start it with Dark Rockbrown which I've met recently and Hermit which is my old friend and it seems that I see it just every where in Iran.
Dark Rockbrown:
9-chazara persophone- Dark rockbrown.JPG 12.JPG
Hermit:
3-chazara briseis.JPG

Excellent, this will be a very interesting thread, please post more. I have a number of photographs of butterflies from the mountains north of Tehran ...maybe I will find and add to your thread.

here is two butterflies from genus Hipparchia, I found the first one in a jungle and the other one in a very dry valley, this spring.
White-edged Rock brown:
Hipparchia parisatis.JPG
Hipparchia turcmenica:
Hipparchia turcmenica2.JPG

Love these sorts of butterflies and they are so easily ignored. Catching photos of the pattern on the upper surface is one of my goals!

yeah they're really choosy about that and don't show it to just anyone, you must first talk to their secretary and sign a contract unfortunately.I did it once with this Hermit and it cost me a fortune.
10.JPG

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back