• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

3 Ids Please Tenerife (1 Viewer)

Mike Beer

Last few pictures from Tenerife for Id please. I certainly wish I was back in 28 degs in Los Christainos than -4 in Cheltenham Brrrrr.

1. Looks like a Greenfinch
2. Atlantic Islands Gull not sure
3. Canary Island or common Chiffchaff

Mike

Attachments

• P1160729.jpg
    P1160729.jpg
    386.2 KB · Views: 104
  • P1160713.jpg
    P1160713.jpg
    424.8 KB · Views: 82
  • P1160671.jpg
    P1160671.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 91
1. Don't know but why isn't it a Canary ?
2. Beautiful shot of two Atlantic Islands Y/L Gulls.
3. Canary Islands chiffer imho.

1. Don't know but why isn't it a Canary ?
2. Beautiful shot of two Atlantic Islands Y/L Gulls.
3. Canary Islands chiffer imho.

I only just found this bird in the corner of a photos I was taking of a lot of noisy Spanish Sparrows it does look like a Canary but its the only one I saw and have nothing to compare it with

Mike

I only just found this bird in the corner of a photos I was taking of a lot of noisy Spanish Sparrows it does look like a Canary but its the only one I saw and have nothing to compare it with

Mike

I think it's a female sparrow, most likely Spanish given that it was associated with some. The light is making it look yellow.

I think it's a female sparrow, most likely Spanish given that it was associated with some. The light is making it look yellow.

This bird was definitely yellow and different from all the sparrows who were making a terrible noise, this bird was just sat there watching what was going on. I have posted another picture to see if it helps.

Mike

Attachments

• P1160727.jpg
    P1160727.jpg
    328.5 KB · Views: 57

I agree with Andrew, this bird is a Passer and I think that you with some confidence could id it as a Spanish Sparrow. You can see a tendency of dark flank streaking.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back