• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

65ED vs. 82HD ? (1 Viewer)

wachipilotes

Hello,
I have a opportunity of to buy one sppoting scope now, the price is similar 400 vs. 500, no too much, one is a Celestron Regal M2 65ED , the other is the Vanguar Endeavour 82 HD...
I like know your opinion in this theme...
Image quality similar? I know that the Regal can use astronomical eyepiece of 1.25" the Vanguard no ! but maybe 45X in your max. power in the Regal is more than sufficient..?? is one advantage in the Regal , the Vanguard have 82mm..more light and resolution...no??
thanks in advance.
Wachi

The decision really depends more on your birding style.
If you are primarily on foot, the extra weight and bulk of the bigger scope and tripod will be a big negative.
By contrast, if you spend a lot of time sea watching or scanning distant birds, you'll appreciate its added performance.
Tripods are the real issue, they are essential to getting good views with a scope, but unicorns are abundant compared to stable and lightweight tripods able to hold a heavy scope. Unfortunately, no scope can give a good view if the image jitters and vibrates because the support is inadequate.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back