• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Feathers for ID (1 Viewer)

Gideon Knight

Feathers for ID UK

Hi,

I have a couple of feathers for ID. I have some thoughts as to what they could be, from left:
A female Pheasant? A bird of prey, carrion Crow -what kind of feather?-, Wood Pigeon, and again a Pheasant.
Also if you could name the type of feather that would be great!
Thanks

Gideon

Attachments

• BFID.jpg
    BFID.jpg
    382.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Thanks! They takes my species feather count to 10, not get but it is a start. At the moment I have: Swift, Little Owl, G-S Woodie, Mute Swan, Magpie, Carrion Crow, kestrel, Pheasant, B-h Gull and Wood Pigeon.

I'm not 100% by 5 being a Woodpigeon. The terminal band looks quite large, and I can't see any hint of the paler sub-terminal band (usually apparent on the upper as well as lower). Perhaps Stock Dove? Unless we can flip it over and see?

I'm not 100% by 5 being a Woodpigeon. The terminal band looks quite large, and I can't see any hint of the paler sub-terminal band (usually apparent on the upper as well as lower). Perhaps Stock Dove? Unless we can flip it over and see?
Here's a flipped picture of #5

Attachments

• IMG_7280.JPG
    IMG_7280.JPG
    431 KB · Views: 39
That's not Woodpigeon, as it should have a pale band below the black tip. I think probably Stock Dove, but can't rule out feral pigeon.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back