• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds of Bolivia (1 Viewer)

I cannot find the info on FB any more, but the book is complete and in printing, apparently, to be available quite soon. Not a photo guide, all plates. As I am in S Peru and headed to Bolivia in 1-2 months, cannot come soon enough for me! Very excited this is finally happening. I won't hold my breath on the Argentina guide, though!

I asked Sebastian and he said it is still at the printers (this references the English edition just to be precise).

Saludos!

I asked Sebastian and he said it is still at the printers (this references the English edition just to be precise).

Saludos!

So it's imminent?
I'm not au fait with the publishing businss but I assume that once 'at the printers', the bulk of the work is done.....Jim, over to you.

Andy

Last edited:
I presume but can't say with any authority. I don't know Sebastian personally, just asked him in a thread about it on Facebook that I finally dug up again. I'm fairly frothing for it!

Strange that there's no projected launch date if it's already gone to print and it doesn't seem well publicised given that it will be a popular book?

I'll certainly get one but it's not on any of my usual supplier sites as forthcoming?

Andy

Strange that there's no projected launch date if it's already gone to print and it doesn't seem well publicised given that it will be a popular book?

I'll certainly get one but it's not on any of my usual supplier sites as forthcoming?

Andy

Such books have a history of being published by "unknowns" first. I recall offhand Birds of Colombia (Pro Aves) and some books on Brazilian birds. Part of the reason may be to keep more of the income for local conservation projects.

Tomorrow was yesterday!

Has anybody seen the announcement that was supposedly coming on November 1st? On the 31st of October they said to watch for the announcement "tomorrow".

Here is Herzog's reply concerning the distribution on a larger platform

The same issues with exporting apply. Lot's of bureaucracy, everybody wants a piece of the pie. It would take months to complete the paperwork, and I don't know how much in fees. But we are looking into other options, and we will eventually print a second edition abroad, and that will definitely be available at NHBS.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/302400739840008/permalink/1155660001180740/

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back