• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Grouse moors & Golden Eagles (1 Viewer)

Thanks for putting this up Fugl. Its funny, just yesterday I was pondering on how many of the grouse moor stakeholders and avid shooters are from England and want out of Europe......

Thanks for putting this up Fugl. Its funny, just yesterday I was pondering on how many of the grouse moor stakeholders and avid shooters are from England and want out of Europe......

Its sickening isn't it.

Things will never change.

Regards England voting to leave Europe (Wales did too I believe), it is more complex than it may appear. The larger cities like London, Liverpool, Birmingham may have voted to remain because they have benefitted significantly from European money, but many smaller industrial centres (and there are many) have not seen the same improvements in their areas, as well as uncontrolled immigration. I know I am already painting a picture of a 'little Englander' but for instance in my place of work, we have 12 white English people, 5 Indian/Pakistani-origin English people, and 3 black English people.

We did a mini poll, and like many other people in their workplace, it was not easy to predict what people would vote. 9 white people at my place of work voted to leave, 3 wanted to remain, of the 5 Indian/Pakistani English people 3 wanted to leave, 2 wanted to remain, and of the 3 black English people 2 wanted to leave and 1 wanted to remain.

The vote is often solely portrayed as that of a reflecting a little Englander attitude, but in reality it had much more to do with dual factors, ok partly to do with uncontrolled immigration, but chiefly to do with economics and a lack of perceived benefit from Europe over the years.

Sorry for digressing. I get what you are saying about the origin of shooters Simon.

Last edited:
I am really sorry about what is happening there, I am dealing with the law of animal maltreatment and I cannot remain insensitive but we can always act according to the law and I don't know which ones are there for the protection of animals. I believe that the UK and Scotland are the first founders of the protection laws, I wonder why this happens ...; (

Giorgio

Sorry for digressing. I get what you are saying about the origin of shooters Simon.

I think I started the digress ;). I used to vigorously defend the UK sticking together (as well as with Europe) but with all the mess that's being going on I feel Scotland is being rudely forced to separate from England. From this perspective, I wondered what percentage of "Grouse moor theme park attenders" are actually English and are "toffee-nosed" leavers. You know the stiff-upper lip, good old blighty type in their jodhpurs (or whatever silly dress they wear) when they are having so much jolly good FUN showing off to their mates about their grouse shooting "knowledge".

The fact that some of these conceited hypocrites are "running" the UK....say no more!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back