Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Good News No You Didnt Miss Read Good News!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old Friday 28th April 2006, 16:47   #1
Ross Hunter
The two things that matter in life are the 2 B's Birding and Bill Oddie

Good News No You Didnt Miss Read Good News!

Well lately on the ex beebs we have been hearing about bad news but i am your savior i have brought good news that i think you should all no about the first thing is they have put a wild giant Panda back in the wild as it is the first one to have lived in captivity then put back in the wild

The second bit of good news is that Some white lions have been realesed too White lions are very rare and have only lived in captivity after being killed from the wild by poaching but some have been realesed

i hope this cheered some of you up sorry for the lack of good news to do with birds
Old Friday 28th April 2006, 16:53   #2
brianfm
Botanical Birder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Hunter
Well lately on the ex beebs we have been hearing about bad news but i am your savior i have brought good news that i think you should all no about the first thing is they have put a wild giant Panda back in the wild as it is the first one to have lived in captivity then put back in the wild

The second bit of good news is that Some white lions have been realesed too White lions are very rare and have only lived in captivity after being killed from the wild by poaching but some have been realesed

i hope this cheered some of you up sorry for the lack of good news to do with birds
Hi Ross

Thats good news, thanks.

I would like to read about these bits of news. Have you any links or advice as to where to look please. In respect of White Lions I remember reading about a couple in a book I have somewhere. I had understood that their survival chances where thought to be small. Can any one comment?

Cheers

BF Supporter 2007 2008 2009 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Friday 28th April 2006, 17:16   #3
Renee Redstart

That's all smashing news Ross, thanks. I found the following link for Pandas;-

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/4953106.stm

"Though you drive Nature out with a pitchfork, she will still find her way back."

Horace
Old Friday 28th April 2006, 19:28   #4
Pam_m

Wonderful news Ross,

Let us hope that their release into their natural environment will be a resounding success, and let's hope that mankind play their part in their future by leaving them in peace and leave their natural habitat alone!!

You have certainly cheered me up with that wonderful news.

I think I will nominate you to be our Wildlife reporter. Your love of all creatures great and small is obvious to see.

'Flying High' My Blog

BF Supporter 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Friday 28th April 2006, 20:43   #5
Liebchen

Brilliant news Ross. Certainly cheered me up especially the Panda one. I've recently watched a program on Pandas and one female was shown raising a tiny baby. I could not believe how tiny this baby was especially compared to the size of a fully grown Panda. The mother was so gentle and caring it was amazing and the baby so tiny and vulnerable it was hard to believe that some of them manage to grow up into big Pandas. The program also said how hard it is for Panda's to survive in the Wild and that not many babies make it. I'll keep my fingers crossed that this Panda will have a happy future.

Liebchen
Old Friday 28th April 2006, 22:19   #6
Sue Wright

Well noted Ross, always lovely to hear about animals getting back to the wild where they should be.

BF Supporter 2007 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Friday 28th April 2006, 22:37   #7
Dizzy

Well done Ross....its always nice to hear some good news for a change.

Best wishes
Old Monday 1st May 2006, 21:18   #8
SAFM

Hi Ross,

that is great to hear, I think we need a good success story every now and again

Scott
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: