• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A Carpet sp NE.London? (1 Viewer)

KenM

Can't seem to find this presumed Carpet sp in Lewingtons?

Cheers

Attachments

• P1750316.jpeg   Carpet sp 100.jpeg
    P1750316.jpeg Carpet sp 100.jpeg
    125.9 KB · Views: 20
Actually, it's by Sterling & Parsons - Lewington provided the illustrations (Field Guide to the Micro-Moths of Great Britain and Ireland Paperback – 30 May 2012) - but so often people just look aat the pictures..

So I didn't miss it in Lewingtons....that's a relief!

Ken, I caused a stir in Cornwall last year claiming several False Mochas. It wasn't my fault the now locally well-established Jersey Mocha wasn't in my first edition Lewington.

So I didn't miss it in Lewingtons....that's a relief!

Ken, I caused a stir in Cornwall last year claiming several False Mochas. It wasn't my fault the now locally well-established Jersey Mocha wasn't in my first edition Lewington.

.......sometimes after having leafed diligently through Lewingtons leaving nothing to chance and not finding the culprit, I've called on this forum for ID only to find I'd missed the bugger, leading me to believe that I should stick to Birding for my salvation. :-C

.......sometimes after having leafed diligently through Lewingtons leaving nothing to chance and not finding the culprit, I've called on this forum for ID only to find I'd missed the bugger, leading me to believe that I should stick to Birding for my salvation. :-C

I'm loving the innocence of being an absolute beginner in moths and slowly acquiring a modicum of competence week by week. Another short story on the same theme as your quote above: two summers ago, I did just as you said, leafing back and forth, back and forth, only to give up and consult the local expert. It was an Orange Swift - the first moth in the book!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back