• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon premier 8x42. (1 Viewer)

dvboy

I just purchased a Nikon Premier #7535 8x42 binocular off eBay....
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/181719392179?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Assuming it's in like new condition would this be a good bino compared to some of the the newer offerings like the Zen-Ray Prime HD that go for the same price range new?Hope I made a good buy here,it's difficult when you do your shopping from a computer monitor and don't have the opportunity to try them out first.I have a Nikon Premiere 8x20 bino as well,so I hope they would make a good set |;|

I had this model a few years back, its still a competitive binocular that delivers a top flight image only slightly behind newer models due to silver rather than dielectic prism coatings. It is a flat field low distortion view witha warmish tone and perhaps a bit more CA than newer ED offerings, the fov is a little challenged at 7* and the weight is a bit high, but rest assured (if you like the view) its still playing at a very high level. It was Nikons Alpha roof just a few years ago.

I just purchased a Nikon Premier #7535 8x42 binocular off eBay....
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/181719392179?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Assuming it's in like new condition would this be a good bino compared to some of the the newer offerings like the Zen-Ray Prime HD that go for the same price range new?Hope I made a good buy here,it's difficult when you do your shopping from a computer monitor and don't have the opportunity to try them out first.I have a Nikon Premiere 8x20 bino as well,so I hope they would make a good set |;|
I agree with Torview on the Nikon Premier. That is an excellent buy on Ebay. When buying new binoculars a lot of times you are better off buying a used older alpha instead of the new Chinese stuff. Better glass and better build quality. The Nikon Premier and the Leica Trinovid are two good examples of older alpha's that can still hold their own with the best binoculars out there.

I agree with Torview on the Nikon Premier. That is an excellent buy on Ebay. When buying new binoculars a lot of times you are better off buying a used older alpha instead of the new Chinese stuff. Better glass and better build quality. The Nikon Premier and the Leica Trinovid are two good examples of older alpha's that can still hold their own with the best binoculars out there.

Good to hear,I for whatever reason am very picky about the feel of the focus wheel,that was a factor in swaying me in this direction.Is this specific model (7535) that old?From the research I did it appears this is the most current of the premier line?

only slightly behind newer models due to silver rather than dielectic prism coatings

If high reflectivity sliver (SHR) coatings are generally accepted to be 98% reflective and dielectric coatings > 99% reflective then absolute transmission figures cannot be the whole story ; in terms of percieved "brightness" it would not be possible to tell the difference ?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back