• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Black Rapid (or similar?) strap for Canon 1DxII and 100-400 isII - recommendations? (1 Viewer)

I use the optech utility strap to carry my 600 F4, there are no carabiners or screws - been using for over a year with no problems.

http://optechusa.com/utility-strap-sling.html

I agree, Optech straps are fantastic. I use the standard utility strap on my 400 f4 DO and 300 2.8, and have done for several years without a single issue, just a bit of wear-and-tear, but considering I'm using it, in the tropics, for probably 250 days a year I think is very impressive. I'm still to fathom why people use expensive, flash straps when this is the best I've come across over the years.

James

Interesting read on the BR straps! I have just bought the new Black Rapid Cross Shot Breathe and was told it has a new design fastener so will be keeping a very close eye on it as its carrying a 1dx2 with 24-105mm lens. Anything with a bigger lens will be on tripod or canon strap direct onto lens so wont be using the BR.

Gary

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back