• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Televid case objective lens cap solution (1 Viewer)

Steve Dudley

aka The Toadsnatcher
United Kingdom
The case for the Televid 65 & 82 scopes has an objective lens cap which has no place to attach it when you're using the scope (an obvious design fault!). I don't think I'm the only one who hates having these things flapping around causing vibration, especially when you're digiscoping.

To overcome this, a friend and I have made a very minor adaption to our cases by adding a simple metal D-ring to one of the objective end strap attachements (photo A) which allows the magnet in the cap to attach to it when the scope is on use (photos B & C).

The magnet strength is surprisingly strong and to date this method hasn't failed me on either my 65 or 85 scopes.

Attachments

• A L1020889a.jpg
    A L1020889a.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 110
  • B L1020890a.jpg
    B L1020890a.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 95
  • C L1020891a.JPG
    C L1020891a.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 101
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back