• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Nikon edg available (1 Viewer)

arran

After cheque of actual stock at local suppliers in the Benelux , the 10x42 edg seems to be not in stock and no answer has been given when in shop again.
No answer from Japan either as I was told
Does this mean than Nikon will soon come up with a new high end bin ?
Considering when the edg came on the market , could this be true ?

Two years ago Koester's photoshop in Münster/Germany had some of the EDG-binos on stock. According to their website there just one left:
http://www.foto-koester.de/shop.html?tx_fotokoestershop_pi2[sword]=nikon+edg&suche.x=0&suche.y=0&no_cache=1&tx_fotokoestershop_pi2[pointer]=

One shown is an open bridge 10x32 EDG I which was originally sold only in the USA. It could be a refurbished binocular. Possibly my old one which I sent in for work on the bubbling on the covers and a stretched ridged rubber covering around the focus wheel. It's optics were superb. Nikon replaced it instead with a 10x32 EDG II. No charge to me.

http://www.foto-koester.de/shop/details/Nikon_EDG_10x32_DCF_Fernglas.html

Bob

At the Space Coast Bird Festival in January, the Nikon rep didn't bring any EDG products, either bins or scopes. When I asked him why, he just said that they were emphasizing the Monarchs and Prostaffs.

At the Space Coast Bird Festival in January, the Nikon rep didn't bring any EDG products, either bins or scopes. When I asked him why, he just said that they were emphasizing the Monarchs and Prostaffs.

Imagine Zeiss comes along on a birders fair leaving their HT and SF at home and explains it with emphasizing their Conquest bins! |;|

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back