• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

beware Olympus TCON-17 vs. Olympus TCON-17f Teleconverter confusion (1 Viewer)

Jim M.

Member since 2007
Supporter
United States
As many here are aware, the Olympus TCON-17 1.7x tele-converter is a popular choice for use with the Panasonic FZ18. However, if you enter "Olympus TCON-17" into some shopping comparison search engines (e.g. Price grabber), a listing of vendors for the similarly named Olympus TCON-17f tele-converter will appear. This is a different (and less expensive) tele-converter that does not work with the FZ18. I just found that out after discovering that the teleconverter I ordered (which turned out to be the 17f), did not fit my camera. Now I am going to have to go through the hassle of shipping it back to exchange it. :-(

On a related note, Panasonic has still not released the DMW-LA3 adapter in the U.S. I believe it is currently scheduled for release in mid-July. I ordered the Permaraal adapter instead: http://www.pemaraal.com/index.php?page=fz18ac

Jim

Could someone please tell me what the correct lens is for the Panasonic FZ28 (which I plan on buying soon)? I noticed that there is a 'C' version (TCON-17C). Is that the correct one? --Scott

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back