• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which tripod/head combo for 30D + 300 f/2.8 + 2x tc? (1 Viewer)

CCRII

I was thinking a Gitzo 1325 + Arca Swiss and a Wimberly Sidekick. Is there anything else I need? Which Arca Swiss ball head should I get?

I will probably be buying these used from forums. My budget it a little over $1K U.S.

Thanks.

I was thinking a Gitzo 1325 + Arca Swiss and a Wimberly Sidekick. Is there anything else I need? Which Arca Swiss ball head should I get?

I will probably be buying these used from forums. My budget it a little over $1K U.S.

Thanks.

Good luck in finding a used Gitzo 1325, they are as rare as rocking horse poo. I wouldn't mind one myself and I've been looking.

Good luck in finding a used Gitzo 1325, they are as rare as rocking horse poo. I wouldn't mind one myself and I've been looking.

Really I haven't had any trouble finding them. I have found 2 so far. Within a days time of posting a want to buy ad in a photography forum.

Just found one on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/GITZO-G1325-132...179215213QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280179215213

You might want to consider a Markins M10 ballhead or the slightly sturdier M20. Both excellent heads which work well with a Sidekick.

In answer to your original question, make sure you have a suitable mounting plate for the lens you are going to use if it doesn't have it built in.

Thanks. Yeah Im going to be using this with a 300mm f/2.8 with 2x II EF teleconverter. Can you point me to the nec plate.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back